My name is Amber-Jade Sanderson and I am your Labor Member for the State Seat of Morley (which includes Morley, Noranda, Nollamara and part of Dianella and Beechboro).
It is such an honour to represent this area. I grew up around Morley, my parents bought their first house on Guildford road and I went to school here. I now live locally with my partner, Phil and our two children.
Before being elected as your Local Member for Morley in 2017, I was elected to the Upper House of WA Parliament in 2013, as a representative for the East Metropolitan Region.
During my eight years representing this area, I have learnt so much about our community. We have fantastic schools, wonderful sporting clubs, a vibrant culture and community, and some of the best local businesses in our State.
As your local Member I am passionate about:
- Delivering a Strong Economy & More Jobs. The McGowan Labor Government has provided stable leadership for our state and worked hard to fix the state finances. Thousands of local jobs will be created with the Morley-Ellenbrook Rail Line.
- Supporting Small Business. We raised the threshold for payroll tax exemption. This means that over 1,000 businesses will no longer have to contribute and an additional 11,000 have received a tax cut.
- Building better public transport. Mark McGowan and WA Labor is building METRONET, the Morley-Ellenbrook Rail line will create enormous economic opportunity for our community, not to mention better access public transport.
- Improving education outcomes for kids. Since being elected in 2017, every single state school in our community has received funding for improved facilities including science labs, playgrounds, undercover areas and administration blocks.
- Putting patients first. WA Labor has delivered local Urgent Care Clinics to reduce wait-lists and relieve pressure on our emergency departments.
I am also proud to be part of the McGowan Government Ministry, serving as the Minister for Health and Mental Health.
If you have any questions or enquiries, don't hesitate to contact me or my Electorate Office.
I look forward to seeing you out in the community soon.